NHM200 is a Micro Heater with an integrated temperature sensor. It consists of two suspended and interdigitated platinum coils, viz. Heater and Sensor. The low thermal mass of the heater coil allows for high speed heating and cooling within a few milliseconds. Temperature is sensed by the sensor coil whose resistance increases with temperature in a known and repeatable way. It exhibits very high accuracy over a wide range of temperatures.
- Suspended Platinum structure on a silicon substrate.
- Sandwiched between films of silicon dioxide and silicon nitride.
- Acts like a hot plate due to resistive heating.
- Comes with an Integrated temperature sensor.
- Zinc Oxide nanowires are grown on the silicon membrane.They are absorb moisture and increase the sensing surface area.
- The thickness of the micro heater is 1 μm
- The width of the platinum coil structure is 10 μm
- Gas Sensors/ Air Quality control
- Temperature Sensing
- Heating element in micro and nano-scale sensing experiments
- Bio MEMS/ DNA Analysis
- Micro-Solid Oxide Fuel Cells in portable power storage and delivery
- Homeland security
- Automotive Exhaust Gas sensors
- Micro Propulsion systems
Resistance of Heater at 25°C
Resistance of Sensor at 25°C
Thermal Rise Time (25°C-500°C)
Thermal Fall Time (500°C-25°C)
|0.5mm x 0.5mm|
|2.5mm x 2.5mm|
I= ((RT/ R25)-1)/ a
T : Temperature in °C
RT & R25 : Resistances at T°C & 25°C
a : Temperature Coefficient of